Suntex Marinas owns and operates both Saylorville Lake Marina (Polk City) and Red Rock Marina (Pella).
Our marinas offer a wide variety of amenities to make your day on the water the best it can be. Suntex marinas can include fuel, wet slips, dry storage, maintenance, rentals, boat clubs, lodging, convenience stores, restaurants, and many more ways to enhance your visit. Visit us on the water, and find your place in the sun.
The Service Associate is responsible for carrying out service operations for the marina. The Service Associate’s primary responsibility is the customer and the maintenance and service of their vessel. Every task at the marina from interfacing with the customer when discussing their service needs to explaining the repairs that took place. The Service Associate projects a professional company image through all types of interaction. As this is a fast pace environment, must be able to work under pressure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair all mechanical and electrical problems on respective boat, motors, and trailers.
2. Support a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
3. Install all types of accessory items, for example, batteries, cables and propellers
4. Assist customers by answering specific technical questions to help the customer understand the operation of the unit and the work to be done or work already completed.
5. Attend technical training to improve proficiency, quality of work and to achieve higher levels of certification.
6. When necessary, water test unit with customers to verify work performed and to explain the operation of the product.
7. Stay familiar with painting process, decal application and fiberglass repairs.
8. Perform rigging as required.
9. Maintains awareness of safety issues and reports them immediately to supervisor
10. Other duties as assigned by management
1. Marine Service Technician Diploma or certification required
2. Knowledge or related experience in the marine service industry
3. Excellent customer service skills – known as someone who goes above and beyond
4. Must have a positive attitude
5. Must have highly effective communication skills and time management skills
6. Must be able to maintain a calm, positive attitude during periods of high activity
7. Ability to manage multiple project simultaneously
8. Excellent attention to detail.
9. Basic water safety skills
10. Must be able to pass a background check
11. Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions
12. Ability to work under pressure.
13. Must be able to work flexible hours on the needs of the property